Saturday, January 20, 2007

Insignificance




The spotlight is blinding me
my eyes are sore
I've had it enough
can't take any more.

its nice to be important
and important to be nice
but when you try out for both
huh! you'll pay the price.

i've forgot what i was
or what i wanted to be
even my shadow has left
what remains behind, is only me.

please stop looking at me
i can't survive this way
leave me alone in the dark
and let destiny have its say

try to forget that i was
wipe me off completely
i want to know how it'd be
"the world" minus "me", discretely

my heart is beating real hard
that means i am not dying
i want to be buried deep
have had too much of flying

take me as granted
significance pains a lot
bring some gunner, dear,
i'm small,'ll take only one shot!

1 comment:

Rahul Kr. Pandey said...

awsm poem!! sahi mein beautiful! being insignificant had never been dis significant!! gud wrk!